“A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself”
I’m going to let you in on a little secret… I. Hate. Photos.
So trying to find a recent photo of myself… Yeah, I had to stretch the definition slightly. So this photo was taken mid-December last year, at a glorious place called Lochmara Lodge in the Milford Sounds.
But don’t worry, I’ll get Fox to take a new photo before the month’s out.
Next thing: 15 interesting facts about me…Well now…
1. I Wrote a zombie apocalypse survival plan for my old university. This involved an oral presentation to the Health and Safety board and a 30page document. It was rejected because it wasn’t a serious enough way to tackle the threat of a pandemic.
2. I can play nearly every instrument in an orchestra. Unless it has reeds.
But I’m working on those! SAXAMAPHONE!
3. I’m ever so slightly obsessed with Steampunk. The combination of new and old intrigues me, not to mention it’s great fun designing costumes for.
4. My hair fluctuates in colour, depending on whether I can afford to dye it or not. Currently it’s a strawberry-blondish colour after a misadventure with cheap dye. Next colour plan? Roughly this shade of orange with this blue for the front, as my hair’s currently too short to streak properly.
5. When I was 6 I wanted to be a prostitute when I grew up. I thought that all pretty women were prostitutes, especially if people liked them. Turns out my definition of prostitute was wrong… that’s what I get for listening to the kids down the road.
6. I’m one of those weirdos that still plays table-top RPGs. I love the atmosphere and social geekery plus, as a GM, I love writing new scenarios and thinking up new ways to mess with my players characters.
7. I want to write and design my own RPG. It’s going to mingle the Shakespearean Archetypes and Steampunk Archetypes against a Steampunk world, with some (hopefully) epic shenanigans. And zombies.
8. I love discussing things with people, especially if their ideas are different from mine. Not because I enjoy being contrary but because it’s usually a great learning experience. I’ll either learn new information that I can use to adapt my own views OR I’ll hone my argument so it’s all the better to kick some ass with. Win-Win.
9. I’m studying towards a Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice at Unitec, specialising in Stage Management. I’m hoping to go on to study my Masters with a focus on theatre as a behavioral modification technique for troubled youth. I won’t bore y’all with details but I’m excited about the possibilities.
10. I own an entire suitcase full of hats. Some of which I’ve made myself. Some are bought. Some are acquired. All are awesome.
11. I’m teaching myself Brazilian-Portuguese, so I can talk to my Step-Mum, and CSS/HTML5 so I can get back into webdesign.
12. I took shop for three years instead of home ec but I’m a far better cook than carpenter! Something about measure twice, paint once… or something.
13. I ticked off one of my big goals last year: To write a novel before I’m 25. Thanks to NaNoWriMo and some amazing writers I met through there. The novel will never be published but it’s likely to form the basis of the RPG I want to make, so life is good.
14. I worked out earlier this year that I’ve read more books than total weeks I’ve lived in my life. I aim to keep it that way.
15. Writing these 15 facts has taken me 9 and a half hours of thinking because I also hate writing things about myself. Which is part of the reason why this challenge is going to be exactly that.
Yep. All of the things. ALL OF THEM.
And thus begins the epic month of over sharing. You poor sods.
Also joining me for the epic month of over-sharing is the ever gorgeous Sofishie, one of the most darling drama kids I’ve come across.
The on-the-fly plan is for us to link to each others posts for you cats to have a chuckle at the silliness that shall ensue.
So you cats should mosey over here and give her some love. Because she is amazing.